The ultimate goal a driver has as a parent is to keep their children protected, comfortable and happy while on the road. Today we're offering tips on how to install a car seat with a seatbelt in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, one of our most-loved vehicles for families and adventurers alike.
- Take a look at the car seat's instruction manual as well as the Grand Cherokee's owner manual. The most important information to look up is about the SUV's seatbelt system and how to lock the seat belt. This will impact how the car seat is installed.
- Put the car seat against the back seat of the Grand Cherokee in the rear-facing position.
- Thread the seatbelt through the car seat's rear-facing belt path and triple check there aren't any twists in the seat belt.
- Securely buckle the seatbelt.
- Lock the seatbelt according to the Grand Cherokee's standards.
- Push down on the car seat and tighten the belt so the car seat doesn't move more than an inch either side-to-side or front-to-back.
- Ensure the car seat is at the appropriate recline angle.
- Babies will need the seat to be semi-reclined to keep their airways open
- Many car seats come equipped with built-in angle indicators or adjustors to assist parents
- Adjust the angle as your child grows
To learn more about how to properly install a car seat in a Jeep Grand Cherokee, contact our team at Ingram Park CDJ. Also, prepare for traveling with little ones by scheduling a car maintenance appointment online or at the dealership today.