Those hoping to make more of an effort with their vehicle maintenance in the new year can start with something simple - windshield wipers. Our team at Ingram Park CDJ is sharing a step-by-step process of how to change your windshield wipers on a Dodge vehicle.
Why and how often should you change your wiper blades?
Being able to see is a pretty integral part of driving. Sarcasm aside, having a clear line of sight is one of the most important elements of safe travel on the road. Depending on the conditions of where you live drivers will be able to swap out their blades anywhere from once a year to every six months. Because most of us are living in San Antonio, which is a generally sunny and warm climate, once a year will do.Changing windshield wiper blades
- Remove the old windshield wiper blade by lifting the wiper away from the windshield
- Press the tab underneath the wiper blade where it connects with the wiper arm
- Slide the blade off of the arm
- Align the new blade with the windshield wiper arm
- Adjust the arm's hook over the plastic clip on the fresh blade
- Pull the blade onto the arm until you hear a click
- Repeat the process for the second wiper
- Make sure the new blade is secure
- Lower the new wiper blade onto the windshield
- Test the new wipers by turning on the wiper system from inside the vehicle
For other quick maintenance tips, contact our team at Ingram Park CDJ today. We're available to assist drivers in all of their car service in the new year. Simply schedule a car maintenance appointment online or at the dealership today.